The great outdoors await in Carbon County, Wyoming. A variety of terrains from deep evergreen forests and high mountain deserts to riparian areas along Carbon County’s many rivers provides habit for a wide variety of wild game species. If hunting is on your agenda southern Wyoming is unparalleled. As the least populated state in the union, Wyoming’s wide open spaces offers some of the best hunting opportunities to be found.
Planning your hunting trip is just as important as planning your perfect hunt. Hunters are currently preparing by ensuring they have all of their hunting gear ready and all of the information and licenses needed for hunting Wyoming. Visit the links below for more information on hunting areas, various hunting seasons, and booking an outfitter.
2011 Antelope Hunting Season Information
2011 Deer Hunting Season Information
2011 Elk Hunting Season Information
2011 Moose Hunting Season Information
2011 Bighorn Sheep Hunting Season Information
2011 – 2012 Wild Turkey Hunt Areas
Your travel arrangements are also a necessary part of the plan to be prepared for hunting season. Air travel can be difficult if not planned appropriately so be sure you are ready by reading the tips below.
Reminders concerning your firearms and ammunition:
- Only allowed as checked baggage or in checked baggage.
- Firearms – must be unloaded, in a locked case and declared to the airline personnel.
- Ammunition – in a factory box/suitable safe container and declared to airline personnel.
- Failure to comply may result in criminal and substantial civil penalties.
- Additional information can be found at www.tsa.gov
Reminders about other materials:
- Flammable items, such as stove fuel and propane are not permitted in checked or carry-on bags.
- Knives and cutting devices must be placed in checked luggage and not carried on board.
- Questions? Ask for the Coordination Center at any airport or call 307-995-3615.
We hope you have a successful hunt and look forward to seeing you at Saratoga Resort and Spa!
Source: www.wyomingcarboncounty.com, www.gf.state.wy.us