The following video reviews the basic makeup of a snowmobile and it’s working parts, as well as some tips for safe snowmobiling. The snowmobile used in the beginning of the video is a 2-stoke snowmobile – which means it has the ability to run its motor backwards, allowing reverse movement.
Some of the elements of the snowmobile reviewed include:
- tether chord
- brakes, and more!
[/threecol_one] [threecol_one_last][/threecol_one_last][divider_flat]Not only does the video include a guide explaining how a snowmobile is constructed and the way in which it functions, but safety tips and traveling tricks are also given. For example, the video states that the biggest and most common mistake of a novice is attempting to turn the snowmobile by merely utilizing the steering, and not leaning into the turn.
Some other topics explored are:
- clothing layering suggestions to prepare you for any climate, rain, snow, sunshine, cooler, or warmer, and with emphasis on wearing a DOT helmet for ultimate protection
- pre-ride inspection
- park break
- emergency engine stop switch
- remove excess snow
- oil, and more![/twocol_one_last][divider_flat]
- trail techniques, for both secure and unstable terrain
- riding with a passenger – passenger should match driver in turns, especially over rough terrain
- unstable and fresh snow conditions – avalanche prep and safety
Like any sport, there’s always a lingering danger in snowmobiling, especially in the wild, unpredictable winter terrain of Wyoming. Only after learning more about the machines we use can we ensure safe snowmobiling and better adventures while exploring the amazing wilderness here at the Saratoga Resort and Spa!
Click here for more information about Snowmobiling Adventures at Saratoga Resort and Spa!