Saratoga Hot Springs Resort appeared as a featured location among the 2020 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Destinations. A few weeks ago we covered part of the article here! Now, we are back to share some more from Sports Illustrated. Read the article below for more on the article from SI Swimsuit Edition. Do you want to see some of the beautiful on-location shots? Click here to see the Sports Illustrated Swimwear Models in some of the most incredible locations around Saratoga, Wyoming.
What is the one thing someone must bring home from Saratoga, Wyoming?
Laura M is a great shop to find your perfect souvenir to remember your trip to the West. From modern Western wear to jewelry, fine art and more, carve out time in your travels to explore all the treasure!
What are some go-to restaurants in Saratoga, Wyoming?
The best meals are often accompanied by a delicious beverage, so make sure to check out one of the pubs in the area
· Snowy Mountain Pub & Biergarten – Located at Saratoga Hot Springs Resort, the pub offers a wide selection of comforting pub food featuring starters, burgers, homemade pizza, fresh salads and homemade soups.
What are the best bars in Saratoga, Wyoming?
· Saratoga Hot Springs Resort Pub / Snowy Mountain Brewery – Located at Saratoga Hot Springs Resort, the brewery is Wyoming’s third-oldest craft brewery. You can enjoy nine craft beers at the pub on site, in the scenic beer garden, or take a one-liter can to your next adventure in Saratoga. The pub menu features a variety of starters, burgers, homemade pizza, fresh salads, and homemade soups.
What are the top five must-see places/must-have experiences in Saratoga, Wyoming?
1. Take a dip at Saratoga’s famous hot springs and leave refreshed and renewed.
2. Visit downtown Saratoga for the quintessential charm of a small town and Western heritage. While wandering the boutiques, make sure to visit Laura M. boutique for eclectic treasures from around the world; step back in time at Hotel Wolf, where you can also enjoy a meal and a drink. For a sweet treat after dinner, stop into Sweet Marie’s Bake Shop or Lollypops.
3. Fish along the Platte River. Enjoy the solitude or join a guide to find the best spots in hopes of catching a blue-ribbon trout.
4. Learn more about whiskey and taste a wide selection from at Firewater Public House. In the warmer months, make sure to enjoy the atmosphere with a view of the North Platte River and scheduled live music.
5. Get outdoors in the Medicine Bow National Forest! From wildflowers, fall colors, snow peaks or just stunning views any season, take a hike through the area that will be sure to leave you inspired.
What are the best hiking trails in Saratoga, Wyoming?
Just outside of Saratoga in the Medicine Bow National Forest, there are several trails at varying leaves for hikers including the Snowy Range Mountains; they’re aptly named—come prepared for some snow any time of the year. For a moderate hike, take the Gap Lakes Trail No. 108, Libby Creek Trail or for a more challenging route, the loop to Medicine Bow Peak, which is the highest point in southern Wyoming.
Wyoming is also home to 550 miles of the famous Continental Divide Trail, which runs from Mexico to Canada. Those 550 miles of the CDT travel from the Snowy Range in Medicine Bow National Forest up to Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming.
Important for all hikers is to remember that Wyoming is at a higher elevation, and visitors should take into consideration the effects of elevation during their visit. Drink plenty of water, take breaks, and get good rest.
What are the best tour companies in the area? And what kinds of tours do they offer?
There are several guides out of Saratoga that can take groups fishing, hunting or snowmobiling in all seasons.
· Saratoga Hot Springs Resort offers group tours including golfing, fishing, scenic float trips, horseback riding and guided snowmobile tours.
Are there any food and wine tours in Saratoga, Wyoming?
Check the Snowy Mountain Brewery and Firewater Public House to find their latest scheduled events, which can include tastings, depending on events schedules.
For an adventure backpacker and outdoorsy type of traveler, what can someone experience in Saratoga, Wyoming?
Saratoga is an outdoorsman and outdoorswoman paradise! If you are a backpacker, nearby Medicine Bow Routt National Forest offers hundreds of miles of hiking trails from beginner to expert-level routes, which allow for breathtaking views of wildflowers, fall colors or snowy mountain peaks. After your hikes, make sure to visit one of the Saratoga hot springs for its restorative mineral properties.
Trout fishing is also very popular in Saratoga and attracts visitors from around the world. With more than 100 miles of freestone rivers flowing through the Platte Valley, Saratoga has some of the best trout fishing in the country. Saratoga has several public access points along the river where you can fish on your own or hire on of the many outfitters to be your guide.
Recommendations for some R&R experiences in Saratoga, Wyoming?
Makes sure to take advantage of the hot spring pools on a trip to Saratoga.
Visit Saratoga Hot Springs Resort, which has a 70-foot outdoor hot springs pool and five smaller, teepee-covered soaking pools. Book a spa appointment at Healing Waters Spa, housed in its original 1902 spa building. The couples retreat treatment for two includes a soak in one of the teepee-covered pools, wine and appetizers, and a massage.
What are your budget traveler advice and tips for traveling to and around Saratoga, Wyoming?
If you are traveling on a budget, Saratoga offers many economical options to take advantage of while visiting. First and foremost, take advantage of the outdoor opportunities, including fishing and hiking, in Saratoga. Following any activity, visit the Hobo Pool, which is a free hot spring facility opened 24-hours a day. Finally, grab a drink at one of the local pubs to enjoy good food and see live music or spectacular views of the river.
Why is Saratoga, Wyoming so special?
Saratoga is a hidden gem of Wyoming. From its abundance of outdoor activity and beauty to its growing dining and unique shops on its main street, visitors will feel like they discovered a truly special place with Western heritage and hospitality.